Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

suggestion about the observers

+3
ID_ied
TheWildOnes
ChesireCat
7 posters

Go down

suggestion about the observers Empty suggestion about the observers

Post  ChesireCat Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 3:54

Hello!

A few days ago due to full lobby I was observer in a game and noticed that as obs you don't have the Time/Gold HUD. 

So that's it, simple idea here: Display the HUD to obs ^^
ChesireCat
ChesireCat
Corporal
Corporal

ROTD Rank : Col.
Warn Status :
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4suggestion about the observers Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: FO
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue52390/55000suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (52390/55000)

Back to top Go down

suggestion about the observers Empty Re: suggestion about the observers

Post  TheWildOnes Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 11:54

Its not as easy as it sounds to be honest.

Because you have to go into the vamp code, edit color "White" and then save it, it could be difficult though, and require the bot being edited as well.

On top of that, i don't think another vamp version is coming out any time soon so yeah. I wouldn't hold your breath.
TheWildOnes
TheWildOnes
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : LCpl.
Warn Status :
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4suggestion about the observers Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Navy Corpsman
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue35/100suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (35/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  ID_ied Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 19:24

TheWildOnes wrote:Its not as easy as it sounds to be honest.

Because you have to go into the vamp code, edit color "White" and then save it, it could be difficult though, and require the bot being edited as well.

On top of that, i don't think another vamp version is coming out any time soon so yeah. I wouldn't hold your breath.
So pessimistic Razz, and I don't think it's as hard as you think it is, I'll have a look at some point.
ID_ied
ID_ied
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Someone
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue9/10suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

http://joshdouglas35@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChesireCat Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 3:11

For me it sounded easy as it is just adding something that already exists for human to obs, but I have no notion about map editing, so I leave it up to you ^^
Anyway it was just a little suggestion to "improve" the game but this is not that much important.

Cheers
ChesireCat
ChesireCat
Corporal
Corporal

ROTD Rank : Col.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: FO
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue52390/55000suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (52390/55000)

Back to top Go down

Post  AbsDaLegend Wed 21 Oct 2015 - 21:38

That's a good suggestion, maybe Anon can add it in if there's a halloween version! A display table showing both side's statistics.
AbsDaLegend
AbsDaLegend
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : Shaman
Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  nhscooter Wed 21 Oct 2015 - 22:08

TheWildOnes wrote:Its not as easy as it sounds to be honest.

I think it is almost as easy as it sounds. To be honest. I just also do not want observers having too much information.
nhscooter
nhscooter
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Terminal Lance Commandant
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: 6432 Aviation Electronics Tech
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue5/5suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

https://rotd.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=

Back to top Go down

Post  OCD Wed 21 Oct 2015 - 22:20

That's a fair point since the amount of times observers have gotten bored and have started saying where people are to the vamp...  Shocked
OCD
OCD
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : ScrubLord
Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 17:37

Hi hi guys,

The only thing I would want to say bout all that obs stuff, is that, even if someone ask for it, no moderator should allow some random players to be obs. In the first place the obs spot is just for clan members and for moderator/admin to check how the game is going. 
A lot of player can cheat while being obs since you can talk to whoever you want or even whisper somebody, or learning all the habits of a particular player, etc... We can not even trust all the clan members since a lot of new guys came in ( I don't want to be mean to anybody of course, just saying Very Happy )
If some players want to just " look " they can save a replay and then watch it later. No point in just being an obs, since most of the time they won't really pay attention. 

Well it's just my opinion of course, but for me no external player should be allowed or if you want to keep it that way, then Anon, should mute the obs. That's possible to only let the obs talk to themselves and even block the whispering system. It's not complicated either. 
As nhscooter said, it's better if the obs haven't all the information. Don't forget that they are just obs. 

Cheers.
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : Vamp Ultra Lover <3
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: [MOS Name & Number]
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue0/0suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWildOnes Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 17:41

I will be changing the rules of observer.

Now only Clan Rotd members will be able to be observer on request, this must not be a PEON in clan rotd, as they are lower members and new ones too. This will be added to the rules.

Thanks Guys!
TheWildOnes
TheWildOnes
Administration:
Administration:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue35/100suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (35/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 18:02

About peon and " vip " in the clan, it's been a while since a shaman didn't manage it.
Well maybe I'm wrong here, but the last time I checked the clan list, there were new clan members who were " grunt ". 
All the " grunts " in the clan should be just : admins, moderators ( well veteran and vip should have it, but not really necessary )

Thanks for your hard work WildO.

Cheers.
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue0/0suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWildOnes Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 20:43

I will edit the grunts and peons. I used too but I've been forgetting xD.
TheWildOnes
TheWildOnes
Administration:
Administration:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  ID_ied Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 23:55

Apple.Time wrote:About peon and " vip " in the clan, it's been a while since a shaman didn't manage it.
Well maybe I'm wrong here, but the last time I checked the clan list, there were new clan members who were " grunt ". 
All the " grunts " in the clan should be just : admins, moderators ( well veteran and vip should have it, but not really necessary )

Thanks for your hard work WildO.

Cheers.
You are right, I haven't been maintaining it recently, will fix it now.
ID_ied
ID_ied
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Someone
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
suggestion about the observers Left_bar_bleue9/10suggestion about the observers Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

http://joshdouglas35@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 6:13

Thank you for your work ID_ied Very Happy
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down