Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Suggestions for Next Version

+2
Kantus
ID_ied
6 posters

Go down

Suggestions for Next Version Empty Suggestions for Next Version

Post  julian_lopes Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 19:09

Hey all!

Looks like vampires are stronger than peasants. The only moment they aren't is when the game is advanced and the peasants have tier 3 and a good base.

Suggestions

Vampires

• 2 DFMS join in one new DFMS that have 2x the stats of the old DFMS, so the vampires can have more space for new itens (more tactics) and too they can have potentialy 8-10 DMFS with just 4-5 NDFMS (New DFMS);

Peasants

• For avoid 2 vampires attacking a same wall, the terrain to access the walls could have space for only 1 vamp can pass it, so the peasants will need fight only one vamp in each time. I would like if we could have one new base that have 2 ways to get in on it for 2 peasants build there (each one with his own wall), but the way to go to the walls could have space for only one vamp (we could have an extra option of playing with a friend). There is a base in top right, but that one the walls can be attacked by 2 vamps simultaneously. You could make it in every base or in just some of they (like that double base with 2 ways to go in).

• I think the 2 first walls (byte and the other after that) could be a little stronger (30%, etc.) for the peasants don't die so fast in beginning (have a little more time to put repairers on the wall, etc.).

That suggestions are only for balance the game a little better in the beginning and in the late game.
julian_lopes
julian_lopes
Recruit
Recruit

Warn Status :
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Suggestions for Next Version Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Version Empty Re: Suggestions for Next Version

Post  ID_ied Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 2:26

These are all valid points however I feel obliged to point out that builders will almost always win if vamps get no feed.
ID_ied
ID_ied
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Someone
Warn Status :
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Suggestions for Next Version Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Navy Corpsman
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue9/10Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

http://joshdouglas35@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 3:10

Sounds to me like you want more items for vamps and easier gameplay for peasants.
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

ROTD Rank : Supporter
Warn Status :
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue1 / 41 / 4Suggestions for Next Version Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Pillaging villages.
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue1337/666Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/666)

http://realuck.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kantus Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 10:05

it is way to easy to win if you are a peasant and only 1 vamp can attack your wall.
Kantus
Kantus
Gunnery Sergeant (grade 3)

ROTD Rank : O.o
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Navy Corpsman
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue10/10Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  julian_lopes Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 11:27

These are all valid points however I feel obliged to point out that builders will almost always win if vamps get no feed.

The Tournament host will not have several problems because they have more good players (probably) and too have observers, but in normal hosts, some thing you will always find are feeders/noob players, because its a lot easy to have 2 good vamps, but its a lot hard to have 8 good peasants.

You speak that vamps will never win if they get feeded. Well, it could happen in the Tournament host, but never happen in the normal hosts. I know several vamp players that speak they "never" lost as vampires, but i don't know no one that say he "never lost as peasant"...

In normal hosts, the vamps will always get feed. At least i prefer they getting feed than some other worst things, like people suiciding for be minion (don't matter you do !votekick, because a lot of dumbasses will not put !yes on that even if they are getting attacked).

The theory is different than the practice. In practice, we can wait for encounter 8 peasants that have random skills, so we can't make a decision of balancing especting that will have 8 good peasants. What i want to show is that actually is a lot easier to be vampire, because you just need a good partner and you will win if you know how to play (and will become another player that speak he "never" lost as vampire...).

Sounds to me like you want more items for vamps and easier gameplay for peasants.

About Vampires:

I don't want more itens to vampires. Its only about the DFMSs.
When the vampires will have 2 or more DFMSs? When the game is already in Late game, when the vampires begin to have more problems. Their great problems is the lack of spaces for itens, because all they can do is have 5 DFMS and just one more iten and the other gold they can just waste in another things.

That idea is to smooth the vampire problems in the late game, when the peasants have already tier 3 and several good towers.
Several people say that when you reach tier 3 and have good towers, you can feed the vamps as much as you can, because the vamps cannot win anymore (a good vamp will win before reach that stage, but others no). That idea is for smooth that Late game and give a bit more of chance to win for vamps...

About Peasants:

Its already getting boring to see 70% of the peasants dead because of noobish or harassment of vampires.
The decent players make your base prepared for the attacks, putting repairers, etc, but the noobs don't... they leave the wall a lot time without repairing. Giving the initial walls with more health, the noob players could have more time for put repairers and don't die "sooo fast".

I think some peasants get outraged because of that: they begin the game and just die so fast... waited a long time for the game begin and die so fast for nobish, so all that is left is they transform into a Minion and begin to make the vampires game easier pinging/showing where the others are, etc. (the vampires don't need any help, they are GODs in the begining. We try to make !votekick, but don't work unfortunately).

It is way to easy to win if you are a peasant and only 1 vamp can attack your wall.

well, its funny, because i like to play in a spot where only one vamp can reach at each time and even in that way i get killed several times... LOL
They can use windwalk to both attack the same wall and if they are good, just one vamp can do a good strategy to break the wall, like use Boom iten, etc.

That was an idea: make a base where 2 friends could play, a base with 2 ways to get in but each way can only be reach naturaly by one vamp at a time. That will be a good idea, and i would like to see that in the next version.
julian_lopes
julian_lopes
Recruit
Recruit

Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultima Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 12:03

That was an idea: make a base where 2 friends could play, a base with 2 ways to get in but each way can only be reach naturaly by one vamp at a time. That will be a good idea, and i would like to see that in the next version.

There already is a base like that, in the left top of the screen, (on the new version) you can make 2 walls and defend 2 bases that link to eachother. you can also tripple base in the right top of the game
Ultima
Ultima
Corporal (grade 2)
Corporal (grade 2)

ROTD Rank : n00b
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: no u
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue68219/100000Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (68219/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  julian_lopes Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 12:16

Sp4nkynutz, yes i know, but i whould like if each way could be acessed by only one vamp each time, for the vamps don't "gangbang" all the time.

That was an idea to stop the vamps of gangbanging all the time, so the vamps will not just come and hit the weakest wall for easily get in.

They still can use windwalk after, when they be more prepared. It is just for we win more time in begining of the game for make a decent base before they come and hit the weakest wall to ruin both peasants.
julian_lopes
julian_lopes
Recruit
Recruit

Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultima Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 12:42

I think its a part of the game to defend in both stages of the game, early and late. It requires some skill to defend at the beginning, but its possible. Making it easier to defend at the beginning of the game would make the game a lot easier, since the vamps can get the most feed at the beginning

Ultima
Ultima
Corporal (grade 2)
Corporal (grade 2)

ROTD Rank : n00b
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: no u
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue68219/100000Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (68219/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 15:56

Why is it that there are two topics for the same subject?
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

ROTD Rank : Supporter
Warn Status :
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue1 / 41 / 4Suggestions for Next Version Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Pillaging villages.
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue1337/666Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/666)

http://realuck.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigafoo Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 17:49

I'm closing all of them and creating an official topic. It will be for suggestions and discussing the suggestions being made, once a suggestion has been passed in the poll it will be officially added to the forum suggestion list for the next game. THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS OFFICIALLY BEING ADDED, but means that the community has agreed upon something to be added. Check here
Zigafoo
Zigafoo
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : GoND 105270 (8/12/09)
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Forward Observer - 0861
MOS Experience:
Suggestions for Next Version Left_bar_bleue105270/999999Suggestions for Next Version Empty_bar_bleue  (105270/999999)

https://rotd.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down