Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Topic Resolved.

4 posters

Go down

Topic Resolved. Empty Topic Resolved.

Post  Nuby Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 4:41

In this post I'm going to attempt to get straight to my point(s)...

First, how is it that my other account (Warden) got banned on the forum for something I did in Warcraft 3? I read the rules over and over, I looked for other rules- nothing pertains to creating multiple accounts in Warcraft to join Clan RotD and/or affiliates of it. So tell me, how is it that the account which I speak of has been banned? Was there a hidden post or a post that I missed leading to a rule that would ban for multi-joining RotD or SPOR? If so please link me to the post containing the rule, I'm dieing to know.
Second and lastly, as we all know from this post and past actions I have multiple (2) accounts registered on the forums, does that mean Nuby will join Warden in being banned? Or are these newly founded rules going to only affect actions from its creation forward?

Thank you for your time. Oh, and please give me a 24-hour notice before banning me (if I persuaded you to).

Resources:

https://rotd.forumotion.net/t346-forum-rules#5510
Line 18-19 reads:
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

It does not specify creating multiple accounts to join the forum or the Warcraft 3 RotD clan(s) (spam the clan(s) or the forum with random inactive accounts), please correct it and make it clearer and easier to understand. (I was banned for creating multiple accounts to join the Warcraft 3 clan known as SPOR (which, on a side note, was a childish joke).)

---

P.S. This is an add-on to my point about banning Warden for creating several accounts to join a RotD-related clan: I realize an administrator was irritated by my action relating to the RotD Warcraft 3 Clan, but does that really give you a reason to ban my forum account? I mean seriously- there is and was no rule connecting the clan to the forums anywhere.

P.P.S. Also, what gives an administrator the right to edit my tutorial about setting Wc3 to window mode? There was nothing offensive or inappropriate in it, and it was also easy to understand (if I am wrong and it wasn't easily understood you could have just told me what to fix before banning me).[b]

P.P.P.S. As you can probably tell by this post and by how hard I have worked on it, I am furious about past actions... but all I want is redemption to what appears in my eyes to be intolerable acts.

Last edited by Nuby on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:42; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding more questions and/or concerns)
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

ROTD Rank : Supporter
Warn Status :
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue1 / 41 / 4Topic Resolved. Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Pillaging villages.
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue1337/666Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/666)

http://realuck.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Topic Resolved. Empty Re: Topic Resolved.

Post  Anonymou_s Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 5:27

You do make a valid point, as well as there is no evidence that states you cannot have more than once account on the website and for that im sorry Surprised.

But, members must also have common sense. We are always trying to clean and maintain the site and clan. Users with multiple accounts don't make that any easier, nor is an additional account needed for any reason expect for the exception of bots.

In terms of your tutorial. It was not any negative reason. It was simply to add photos, as people like to be able to see what they are doing. Yes we could of asked you to add it, but at the time of the edit you were already banned. There was no need to create a new post for it as you had already created one, so it was used.

I may be wrong, but if your tutorial did had pictures. It could of been the pictures were not working anymore (i do recall seeing a tutorial with pictures stopped working after awhile, not sure if its yours) which is why it was edited, as that is the reason shown for it being edited.

"Last edited by Zigafoo on Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 19:04; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Re-added the tutorial.)"

Also. Staying in the tutorial note. If you re-read the Forum rules, specifically under Moderation its clearly shown . . .

"The owners of RotD Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

We wouldn't ban you for asking what happened Very Happy

Last edited by DragonComplex on Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 5:43; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added final note.)
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Topic Resolved. Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue90/100Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 5:43

Okay, I see your point, but am still a little ticked off about how my tutorial was edited without permission- oh well, it was in the rules I guess.

Have fun administrating the forums and the clan, as well as working on both Vampirism Ultra and RotD! Also, thank you for all your help.

The only thing I'm not clear about is the rule about not being allowed to generate and register a multitude of accounts, like is it referring to the RotD clan or the forums? Sorry if my posts look childish and make it seem as if I'm whining, but would you mind editing the rule to show if it is referring to the clan, the forums, or both?
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue1337/666Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/666)

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymou_s Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 5:45

You can always make a new one. I'd replace it with the new one too. if you'd like Very Happy
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue90/100Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 5:56

Sweet deal. I think once I get more ram I just might do that- but only if I make a tutorial worthy of replacing another... I'm not going to deprive members of information just because I feel mistreated.
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigafoo Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 11:15

You were banned under the old rules, which got replaced by these. The older ones are no where to be found. Neutral
Zigafoo
Zigafoo
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : GoND 105270 (8/12/09)
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Forward Observer - 0861
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue105270/999999Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (105270/999999)

https://rotd.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&a

Back to top Go down

Post  dawownz Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 18:32

theyre forbidden. Razz
dawownz
dawownz
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : GoND.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Being Noob
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue90725/999999Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (90725/999999)

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201109/lotus-elise-s-1_160

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:37

DragonComplex wrote:We wouldn't ban you for asking what happened Very Happy

Actually I thought I could be banned for the following reason:

• Creating multiple accounts on the site

--

Not for asking what happened =3

DragonComplex wrote:You do make a valid point, as well as there is no evidence that states you cannot have more than once account on the website and for that im sorry Surprised.

There is no need to apologize, for there is actually evidence that states "Registering with multiple accounts" is against the forum regulations, as I have posted it in the starting post aswell... I will post it here once again:

"https://rotd.forumotion.net/t346-forum-rules#5510
Line 18-19 reads:
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed."

Although I am still confused as to whether or not this rule is implying you may not 'register with multiple accounts' on the forum or Warcraft 3 (is it referring to the forum or Warcraft 3?).

DragonComplex wrote:I may be wrong, but if your tutorial did had pictures. It could of been the pictures were not working anymore (i do recall seeing a tutorial with pictures stopped working after awhile, not sure if its yours) which is why it was edited, as that is the reason shown for it being edited.

To be honest, I'm not so sure if my tutorial did in fact have images, but I truly believe it did.

DragonComplex wrote:"The owners of RotD Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

To conclude my post, I believe the "the owners of the RotD Community Forum" should not only state the reason but it must also be legitimate (because there are those types of administrators that would just remove comments because they were angry at the person), for example:

Good reason: The tutorial had no images, and was hard to follow- so I added images and organized everything.

Bad reason: I removed this post because this person kicked me from a game on Warcraft for spoofing.

Last edited by Nuby on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 23:01; edited 2 times in total
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigafoo Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:21

Nuby, you were banned from the website because you chose to make serveral accounts in the clan. Not the forum. Under the new forum rules you're only allowed one account.

Alternates in one clan is completely retarded and is not allowed. From my stand point.
Zigafoo
Zigafoo
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : GoND 105270 (8/12/09)
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Forward Observer - 0861
MOS Experience:
Topic Resolved. Left_bar_bleue105270/999999Topic Resolved. Empty_bar_bleue  (105270/999999)

https://rotd.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&a

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuby Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:50

Zigafoo wrote:Nuby, you were banned from the website because you chose to make serveral accounts in the clan. Not the forum. Under the new forum rules you're only allowed one account.

Alternates in one clan is completely retarded and is not allowed. From my stand point.

"Retarded" is such a mean and un-welcomed word, I'd prefer it if you had used 'inappropriate' or simply not used "retarded" at all... =P lol

If I remember correctly... my three or four accounts that joined didn't really make SPOR's capacity 100%, now did it?

I know the reason for being banned, just not the reasoning behind the reason. I joined SPOR with several accounts, not the forum... so why ban me on the forum?

Although I, too, feel my act was idiotic and was a blatant disregard for our fine administrative team's hard work in maintaining a fun and exhilarating gaming environment... but I can't help but feel as if a ban was a bit overboard.

Personally I would have simply waited for the aliases' probationary periods to be done with then kicked them, and gave the person a warning (for spam; creating various accounts to join the clan is still considered 'spam', as it's considered in many cases as 'spamming' of accounts) on the forum to call it good.

But I understand it must have been frustrating for our staff to think when they have so much on their plate- so I guess in some sense your decision was okay.

Last edited by Nuby on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reorganizing paragraph for easier understanding and the ease of reading)
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down