Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

These so called "rules"

+5
awesomevamp
ID_ied
Apple.Time
Anonymou_s
ed1055
9 posters

Go down

These so called "rules" Empty These so called "rules"

Post  ed1055 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 1:41

Ya know, im one to follow the "rules" of vampirism n all. but heres a good question. 
Where are these "Rules of vampirism"? You know, the ones that say, Section 1.1 "Dont banish a trapped vamp"
Section 1.2 "No 2 minute suicides with minis enabled"
stuff like that..

I hear all this talk about "ZOMG its bannable" and im the one to call people out on s*** like that cause its against "the rules". But I have yet to actually see a type up page/document whatever that states these rules. 

@anonymou_S or any other admin, any of you guys have a link to these?

Thanks
ed1055
ed1055
Private (grade 2)
Private (grade 2)

ROTD Rank : Flamelighter's bitch
Warn Status :
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4These so called "rules" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

These so called "rules" Empty Re: These so called "rules"

Post  awesomevamp Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 6:15

ZOMG=??
yes, i aloso dont know what are the new rules of new vampirism ultra
awesomevamp
awesomevamp
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

ROTD Rank : AdmiRal
Warn Status :
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4These so called "rules" Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: awesomevamp
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue500/500These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post  ed1055 Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:16

awesomevamp wrote:ZOMG=??
yes, i aloso dont know what are the new rules of new vampirism ultra

No i mean not even the new rules, but just "the rules". like the original rules.
ed1055
ed1055
Private (grade 2)
Private (grade 2)

Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymou_s Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:49

There were rules outlined somewhere on the website and it was never saved i guess.

Honestly though the way i see it is there isn't any RULES in specific other then using fucking common sense. Its simple you feel you or someone is doing something that is ruining the game for others, its punishable. For example, someone is teamkilling, someone is abusing a bug, someone is excessively feeding, someone is purposely suicide. Its really all common sense, i dont think i need to outline rules if you are doing something that is going to ruin the game for another player its punishable.
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue90/100These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 18:04

Hi ho there !

While reading this post I was remembering the fact that ID_ied mentioned once that he will make a post with the " New Rules ". But apparently, he didn't hu hu

In a way, it would be better to have some official rules. No need for 20 rules but at least a few would be cool. This way, that would be easier for the bot mod to ban/kick someone in game square and fair Very Happy And not just cause of their mood at the time they see a fraud, a troll, whatever Laughing
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : Vamp Ultra Lover <3
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: [MOS Name & Number]
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue0/0These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  ID_ied Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 0:16

The only current rules are no maphacking or teamkilling ; this is up to the admin.
ID_ied
ID_ied
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Someone
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Navy Corpsman
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue9/10These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

http://joshdouglas35@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  awesomevamp Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 18:05

ok got it
awesomevamp
awesomevamp
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue500/500These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post  ed1055 Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 21:29

Anonymou_s wrote:There were rules outlined somewhere on the website and it was never saved i guess.

Honestly though the way i see it is there isn't any RULES in specific other then using fucking common sense. Its simple you feel you or someone is doing something that is ruining the game for others, its punishable. For example, someone is teamkilling, someone is abusing a bug, someone is excessively feeding, someone is purposely suicide. Its really all common sense, i dont think i need to outline rules if you are doing something that is going to ruin the game for another player its punishable.

Keep in mind we're online gaming. Common Sense is long gone now. Might be a wise idea to re-make that unsaved document that lists the rules, because there are assholes out here, who play, just to ruin the game for others.
ed1055
ed1055
Private (grade 2)
Private (grade 2)

Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

These so called "rules" Empty These so called "rules"

Post  CrazyLeo Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 22:43

Rules for Vampirism:
#1: Do not use any hacked software that gives you an advantage in game.
#2: Do not kill your team mates in any way possible intentionally.
#3: Do not intentionally feed the vamps unless under any circumstances where vamps need a bit to be able to keep up but do not overdo it either.
#4: Do not "-claim" people's bases and "-out" them out of them to ruin the game for them. (Exceptions could be made if requested by the owner of the base or if outing a base where a vampire has just broken into to stop feed and prevent the game getting ruined for others)
#5: Do not spam in chat.
#6: Do not bully or insult other players if they don't like it. (Exceptions could be made to banter and or if they don't really mind)
#7: Do not give vampires any human items that could ruin the game.
#8: Do not intentionally suicide as human in the first 7 minutes if mini vampires are enabled for a huge advantage on info of all the human bases.
#9: Do not banish trapped vampires.
#10: Do not abuse bugs or glitches to your advantage in game.

This is all I could think of in the duration of 5 minutes for now, but I guess this long list of rules could be a start and be possibly modified and what not added/removed to improve it as an idea.

I have been part of a bigger scaled community player population wise for 3 years as an admin and as the community developed more each day, there had been more and more trollings coming in to loop hole rules to ruin the game for others and do every thing to their likings with their bs which eventually ruined the community and all the good/active players left leaving only the trolls and of which now is just a community soon to die.

I personally would hate to see that happen here and know everyone else who is part of RotD doesn't want the same happening so I think its better if we stick to that Red Quoted single rule without having trolls reading these rules and loop holing rules that aren't specific enough to their likings to their advantage in game and ruin the fun for everyone else.

But like Anonymou_s said, the most important and simple single rule we really only need is :
"Don't be a cunt/troll and just use common sense!" Very Happy
CrazyLeo
CrazyLeo
Private (grade 2)
Private (grade 2)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue0/0These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069422503/

Back to top Go down

Post  Infierno- Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 6:08

I posted a thread on rules. I hope that helps.
Infierno-
Infierno-
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : The highest.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty:
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  xutopia Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 10:07

hey its xutopia. So many of these rules were broken like i played a game yesterday where a guy claimed my just released base up in the north (where i usually start out) and outted me and just released the base, intentionally killing my buildings and workers without building there. also he fed a lot, but since i dont really vid my games, i couldnt really prove it. I feel like there should be a way to like enforce these rules during a game with like admin or mods. yea. leo those are cool rules u loco closed ballchain censored fencing :ban:jk

xutopia
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : super cool
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBomb Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:08

Please keep in mind that since this is an online game and that there will not be an admin/root in every game. There will always be noobs/trolls/assholes. It's something we gotta deal with, but you are able to !votekick. Not the best solution but a solution that you have.
DaBomb
DaBomb
Contributor
Contributor

ROTD Rank : LCpl.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue69/69These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLWQIm9qP4&feature=fvst

Back to top Go down

Post  awesomevamp Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:43

in this map i doesn't like the -claim and -out command because if someone is well settled and anyone just claim and out him his houses plus his worker got killed. houses are ok but workers got killed like uber or tier 2 workers it ruined the game of the player so i think if the outed workers and doesn't get killed and just teleported to a safe place should be good. Like the main peasant.

and if someone claim any base the other humans shouldn't build in their place until the players allow him. otherwise the human who claimed the base have to out him forcefully even if hes well settled.

its just a Suggestion lol!
awesomevamp
awesomevamp
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymou_s Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:50

I really don't understand the issue with claim/out.

Its not hard people, BEFORE you build anything CLAIM your base FIRST, that way no one can out you.
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue90/100These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  awesomevamp Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:09

i mean now everyone just claim one base and just  build his workers and buildings on places(the first couple minitues) and  'New player' humans build his base on tht base and at last  he got outed and his all workers got killed.

i just waned tht if anyone got outed his workers should not be killed.....
lol!
awesomevamp
awesomevamp
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:23

Hi ho there Very Happy

As Anonymou_s said, there is no problem bout the " -claim and -out " system. Since you have to claim your base before building or anything else. In the first minute its harsh to be outed since you will have almost nothing left in wood to rebuilt and catch on with the delay, Right Smile But still your own fault  Laughing even if it's better to give a warning before outing someone.

Hum, the wooders should not be killed you said ?
Well, think bout it that way => You claimed a base but someone took the bait to put all his wooders in it. BUT you're in a hard situation since you got some early gold ( 5g for example ). You have then 2 choices left : - outing the squatter to make your goldmine and a couple of super wooders which will need the space.
                                     - Or, you will have to lose some time to chose and check ( with the scope ) a new base.
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBomb Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:31

Plus if the wooders don't die and a vamp is near there is the chance of feed. So either way sucks. If you don't know the person you base with I suggest not doing it. Or put your wooders elsewhere if you plan on doubling up with someone.
DaBomb
DaBomb
Contributor
Contributor

ROTD Rank : LCpl.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
These so called "rules" Left_bar_bleue69/69These so called "rules" Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLWQIm9qP4&feature=fvst

Back to top Go down

Post  xutopia Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:02

hey its xutopia. yea apple sempai i know about all the claiming before things and stuff and things. but that game i had claimed the base up north where i usually based, which there was no competition for because everyone else was based near the bottom of map or right side. so after i built my half base up by the north and left of slayer, i teled to the gold safespot base place and claimed that base (i had to release my old base ofc). then, this guy had purposely teled from his base by the right side of the map to my old base up by the north, claimed it, outted my workers, and went back to his old base. as michael jordan once said "that just aint right". im not tryna ban or anything its just that...... honestly idk why im typing this im supposed to be writing an essay but i dont wanna and my moms on the computer opposite of me so im just writing this. yea......
thanks
lol! afro Ban Hamma jk

xutopia
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : super cool
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Apple.Time Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:51

I understand what you meant kohai, up there I was just pointing a simple fact bout the " -claim and -out " commands Very Happy

In your example, the one who outed you, was obviously trolling you with no reason. Maybe he got a grudge on you  Twisted Evil Laughing
Apple.Time
Apple.Time
Moderation:
Moderation:

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down