Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD)

4 posters

Go down

Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD)

Post  Clemone Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 14:49

Hi there,

Clemone here, I experienced a very odd bug today:

So I built my first gold mine right before 6:00, my gold income did not increase from it. I noticed right away, built a little more gold mines, then destroyed all my mines and found myself with -2 income.

Yes, I was LOSING 2 gold on the reserve I had every turn, it wasn't just a HUD bug.

My internet sharply cut off soon after, but it likely has nothing to do with the bug.
It is the absolute first time I've seen this.
Maybe I built that first mine exactly when the income should've dropped in?

10 gold before turn:

8 gold after turn:

Replay:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j1enjzcc50vfwq/.gold%20income%20bug.w3g
Clemone
Clemone
Private
Private

ROTD Rank : Lance Corporal
Warn Status :
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty Re: Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD)

Post  Anonymou_s Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 13:05

Weird. I will look into it thanks!
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue90/100Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty Re: Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD)

Post  ChesireCat Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 6:22

Just so you know I experienced the same bug today after vamp destroyed my mines.

Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Image_11
ChesireCat
ChesireCat
Corporal
Corporal

ROTD Rank : Col.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: FO
MOS Experience:
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue52390/55000Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty_bar_bleue  (52390/55000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zywen Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 18:37

In previous versions this could happen if you built on a "bad spot". Thankfully all of those have been fixed.
What would happen is the gold mine wouldn't be fully built.
If you notice you can start a gold mine but don't have to stick around to have it finish so it basically is "auto building/finishing".
If you happen to build a gold mine that is surrounded with no free spaces or you quick away too quickly
(it can happen if you try to build to quick) you get a gold mine that won't start "auto building/finishing".
A problem with leaving the gold mine like that is you will not get any credit for it.
If you cancel that gold mine you will still lose the -2 income.
If you have any gold mines that do not finish just make sure you have your builder (or any t1/t2/t3 builder for that matter) finish it by a simple right click.
If you misplaced it you have the option to lose the resources it took to make it by destroying once it is built or dealing with where it is
(Sucks for you who are OCD ppl).

What happened to Clemone was he moved away instantly as he started that gold mine. As you can see here:
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Negati10

I would bet what happened to ChesireCat is that they had one unfinished gold mine in that pile the vamp destroyed.
Zywen
Zywen
Sergeant
Sergeant

ROTD Rank : n/a
Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ChesireCat Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 9:13

Thanks for this precise answer ^^

I guess I will be more carefull now.
ChesireCat
ChesireCat
Corporal
Corporal

ROTD Rank : Col.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: FO
MOS Experience:
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue52390/55000Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty_bar_bleue  (52390/55000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Clemone Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 19:44

Hmm I see, thanks for the analysis Zywenn.

Looking back at it, I had decided to cancel that mine since it wasn't done building and was misplaced. It was a miracle that I could simply cancel it really: I could get most of the cash back and rebuild a clean one! At least I thought so, lol. (Yes, OCD geek )

I have to wonder though; since the mines don't give gold income until they're fully built, why do these unfinished mines remove gold if they are cancelled (or destroyed in the case of ChesireCat)? I'm just curious since I have about zero knowledge on the code of War III. Do you think this could be fixed?
Clemone
Clemone
Private
Private

ROTD Rank : Lance Corporal
Warn Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymou_s Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 21:08

its simply because of the coding. The way i triggered it wasn't to efficient. I will be improving the overall coding of the map in the coming versions.
Anonymou_s
Anonymou_s
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : Pandemic & Ultra
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Force Recon - 0321
MOS Experience:
Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Left_bar_bleue90/100Odd bug: Gold income (not just HUD) Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down