Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Noobie Training System

Go down

Noobie Training System Empty Noobie Training System

Post  Bird. Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 15:29

From time to time I play a game on TFT called Fortress Survival. And it has a cool 25 second short tutorial video for noobie players (and in that 25 seconds, it provides all the important basics of the game). The option to view the tutorial appears in a box at the beginning of the game; I believe the two options in the box are: View tutorial, or not view tutorial. And after viewing the tut, the player gets a free item to help them out since they are new to the game. I thought this idea was a terrific way to get new players to learn the game quickly and to enjoy it without getting kicked. For detailed ideas relating to VU, maybe, the tut option box appears first, and then the player's peasant is automatically blinked out into a base for the tut to start. I honestly don't know how you're going to incorporate in all of the basics of VU in a short enough time, but it's worth a shot. Btw, all of the teaching is written in words at the bottom. It's exactly the same as when a character speaks during campaign mode (with the picture of them at the side and such). Just an idea.
Bird.
Bird.
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : Admin.
Warn Status :
Noobie Training System Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Noobie Training System Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down