Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Posting in trashed topics(?)

4 posters

Go down

Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty Posting in trashed topics(?)

Post  Nuby Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 21:39

Are we or aren't we allowed to continue conversing in topics that have been trashed?

If we aren't allowed to continue posting in trashed topics, why not close the topic to ensure no one makes the mistake of posting in a topic that seems active (a topic that is viewable in the "Latest topics" module located mid-left of the page)?

For example:
Whenever I get on this forum the first thing I do is look in the "Latest topics" module to find good topics to post in. Now, let's say on of those topics has been sent to the trash (and not closed), then I post in it... is there any rule (found elsewhere of the "Forum rules" topic) that would subject me to receiving a warning or even a ban (even if it was a post-mistake (a ban would probably not be the case, but still))?

P.S. I ask this question because I've checked the forum rules and the FAQ, and have yet to uncover anything pertaining to this matter.
Nuby
Nuby
Banned
Banned

ROTD Rank : Supporter
Warn Status :
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue1 / 41 / 4Posting in trashed topics(?) Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Pillaging villages.
MOS Experience:
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue1337/666Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/666)

http://realuck.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty Re: Posting in trashed topics(?)

Post  idiedtoday Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 14:25

well, not mentioned in the rules is common sense, as i'm sure zig or somebody said to another one of you questions.. so if it says closed, i don't think you would want to post in it..
idiedtoday
idiedtoday
ClanRotd Bot Admin:
ClanRotd Bot Admin:

ROTD Rank : What isn't my rank..
Warn Status :
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Posting in trashed topics(?) Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Assaultman - 0351
MOS Experience:
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue90/100Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  seanlou Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 21:42

perhaps there should be an account called trash can that is only used to remove topics so no one knows to click on them when it is in the most recent topic

idk I'm just throw suggestions :/
seanlou
seanlou
Commander (grade 2)
Commander (grade 2)

ROTD Rank : SSgt
Warn Status :
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Posting in trashed topics(?) Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Navy Corpsman
MOS Experience:
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue27/100Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty_bar_bleue  (27/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigafoo Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:33

No originally the trash can was meant for topics that were no longer in use of the forum, Now i have fixed the problem to not allow any posting except by moderators/administrators.

Problem fixed, Trash can is no longer able to be posted on by members/guests.

This topic has been solved and moved to the trash can.
Zigafoo
Zigafoo
Administration:
Administration:

ROTD Rank : GoND 105270 (8/12/09)
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Forward Observer - 0861
MOS Experience:
Posting in trashed topics(?) Left_bar_bleue105270/999999Posting in trashed topics(?) Empty_bar_bleue  (105270/999999)

https://rotd.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum