Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles)

+3
Knipfaa
seanlou
idiedtoday
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles)

Post  BurnOut91 Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 1:43

I have no clue for Thrall's riddle.

But I haz another riddle!

"A man and his dog are found dead in the middle of a dry field. The man was wearing fishing overalls, but had no conventional fishing gear on him. How did they die?"

If you guys feel you need a hint, I'll post it sometime tomorrow.
BurnOut91
BurnOut91
Contributor
Contributor

ROTD Rank : Sargeant Dairy Queen
Warn Status :
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Designated Marksman
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles)

Post  Zariel Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 1:47

Is this one your own?

Middle of a dry field with fishing overalls?

He drowned and the lake dried up?
Zariel
Zariel
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

ROTD Rank : God, infinite exp
Warn Status :
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Jesus Christ
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BurnOut91 Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 1:59

Nope, not my own riddle, and nope wrong answer
BurnOut91
BurnOut91
Contributor
Contributor

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zariel Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 2:06

Dehydration?

T_T

So vague...
Zariel
Zariel
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallskingdom Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 17:16

iunno mine is pretty vague to

Alright heres the answer to mine (since neither of u got it Smile (well technically burn never guessed))

time for The Breakdown! :

Using "down means life and up means death" its a tiny bit safe to assume "their" is referring to gladiators

since they would be gladiators, their lord would be the Emperor of Rome

"Their lord is the opposite of Marcus" Marcus Aurelius was a Roman Emperor, and generally viewed as a good man and a great philosopher

Therefore "their lord" would have to be someone like Commodus, Nero, or Caligula (3 of the worst roman emperors in history, i wanted to put that in the hint but those names are just too roman it would've given it away xD so i went with the opposite of Marcus)

The answer to the original riddle would have been. A gladiator's life. (but the original riddle didnt have a very good way of answering it so i added that second part so now there is an exact answer)

The answer to the new form of the riddle is. Cut the gladiator's head off (meaning thumbs up from the emperor.)

well thats all the time for today on, The Breakdown!, join us again in several days, goodnight everybody....

(*Fun Fact* Contrary to common belief, in ancient rome, Thumbs up meant cut his head off, and Thumbs down meant throw down your weapons, let him live. (wonder how we got to interpreting it as the opposite?))
Thrallskingdom
Thrallskingdom
General
General

ROTD Rank : Chuck Norris
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

http://www.rotd.forumotion.net (duh)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zariel Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 18:11

thumbsup

That is really...more of a historical question O.O
I knew it had something to do with gladiators
But the opposite of Marcus lead me astray
I didn't think you mean opposite in traits D:
Oh well
Good job.
thumbsup thumbsup

Burns is annoying me now too >=(
Zariel
Zariel
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  BurnOut91 Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 18:39

Haha I'll give you a couple hints.

The dog was a golden retriever

The man was NOT fishing where his body is lying, so no he didn't die in the water and have the lake or river dry up

He was using some pretty volatile bait.

I can't really say more without giving it away (if i havn't already)
BurnOut91
BurnOut91
Contributor
Contributor

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallskingdom Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 18:44

BurnOut91 wrote:
"A man and his dog are found dead in the middle of a dry field. The man was wearing fishing overalls, but had no conventional fishing gear on him. How did they die?"

An army of mutant fish that can walk on land and breath air decided to take revenge upon this hated foe

the dog killed him and then stayed near his corpse and died of starvation or dehydration

the people that found them are also the ones that killed them

they were struck by lightning because they were the tallest electric conductor in the field

there was a flood, they drowned and when the water dried up were left there in the field

thats all the ideas i got for now... (i like the fish one the most roflmao!)
Thrallskingdom
Thrallskingdom
General
General

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallskingdom Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 18:45

they went hunting with dynamite?
Thrallskingdom
Thrallskingdom
General
General

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zariel Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 19:11

I know it...I think...

Fishing with explosives as Thrall said, he threw some and the dog, being a golden retriever, brought it back to him.

KABOOOM
It singed him a bit.

So he tried again.
Zariel
Zariel
Sergeant (grade 3)
Sergeant (grade 3)

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  dawownz Sun 16 Jan 2011 - 14:04

fish fell from the sky and all of them blew up on the man and dog
OR
some goldfish thought golden retriever was a goldfish and raped him and then the man tried to stop them so they raped him too..
dawownz
dawownz
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : GoND.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Being Noob
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90725/999999The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (90725/999999)

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201109/lotus-elise-s-1_160

Back to top Go down

Post  BurnOut91 Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 23:19

Thrall and Zariel pretty much got it right.

The man was fishing with dynamite, threw a stick, the dog went to get it and brought it back to him. He ran away to the field but the dog followed him.

Sorry for the late response, but my internet was down for almost a week.
BurnOut91
BurnOut91
Contributor
Contributor

Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  dawownz Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 18:57

dam it!!!! but i was close!
dawownz
dawownz
Moderation:
Moderation:

ROTD Rank : GoND.
Warn Status :

Marine Statistics
MOS Specialty: Being Noob
MOS Experience:
The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90725/999999The Sphinx Topic! (aka Riddles) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (90725/999999)

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201109/lotus-elise-s-1_160

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2